When I set out to build my startup in January, we moved to Spain to immerse in the culture, learn the language and extend my startup runway by 4 month. I knew I would have to revisit how I would fund our continued stay in Spain and how I might continue to explore my startup. Quite fortuitously, one of my close consulting partners offered me a coaching engagement in my old haunt – Galway.
So here I am, in Galway Ireland , doing something I am very comfortable doing (and arguably pretty good at it too). I shall be here for 5 weeks working with people who are very good at what they do and trying to help them harness that goodness and focus it on greatness.
Here is my check in:
- Sad that I’m not in Spain. I’m in Galway, on my own, far from my loves.
- Glad that I will focus on startup tasks as my night job – once the initial chaos of training and fatigue wear out.
- Sad that there do not appear to be any Spanish language meetups over the summer in Galway.
- Glad that I have 50mb/sec internet in my accommodation.
- Glad that I reached out to a few people about reviewing my blog post on Customer Service and Social Media – why it sucks. Thank you @joneversett and @joshkehn for taking the time to read the early draft and offer such rich and considered feedback which helped me improve the post.
- I’m grateful for the abundance of learning all around and the capacity to learn from it.
- Writing this blog in a timely fashion
- Write the next customer service related post
- Buffer up some of of my twumps and Bizbuzz tweets /li>
The Trello board
Everything becomes clearer in time. Though you might not live long enough to see it. Seek clarity now.