I’m glad that today (day 3 ) of this new way of doing my thing, is the first day that it all pretty much worked.
I’m delighted that I have never been happier.
I’m glad I took time to sketch out the skins, made things go a lot faster and smoother.
I’m sad that my friend had a really hard time last year (lost his Mama – and now he is an orphan) and I knew nothing about it.
I’m glad I took my breaks at the timer
I’m very glad that I was able to do 60 pushups and 30 squats during my 10 minute breaks.
I’m mad I didn’t review my business model canvas as I had expected.
I’m so in.
Desired Outcomes For Today
Two days of toil and I recognise the truth that my rebranding is not a 2-day job. I am at peace with that and very happy with the results so far.
Therefore I am revising my outcomes. I expect to still be working on rebranding ServiceChat – specifically skinning the chat screens to make them responsive and to pare them down to the basics (ChittyChat has some bits I actually don’t want in the MVP for ServiceChat).
3 Things I Learned
- Progress is slow when I am learning how to do the work and doing the work. I must think about this, identify when this is the case and manage my expectations accordingly.
- My gut is very wise – it knows what I need
- Design takes time and thought (all kinds of design!)
3 Things I Will Improve On Before The Next Retro
- Reading a customer service oriented blog
- Getting out of bed on the first alarm.
- Get to bed before midnight (might help with above 😉
Something I’m Grateful For
That, inspite of myself, I am able to learn new things and that I’m loving the process of learning. Awesome!
Outcomes For Tomorrow
- The Chat screen completely restyled and working responsively on common handsets and browsers.