Sunday, May 12th: I struggled to get started. I do want to work on Sundays, but my family and I are still clinging to conventional working week delusions and I find it difficult to get to my desk, let alone have the discipline to follow my routine. Nevertheless I did find some time and here is how it went.
- Glad I navigated the devops maze to get the static site (servicech.at) and the app site (app.servicech.at) working again.
- Mad that I decided to decommission an IP I thought was not used anywhere, only to discovered that my production chat publisher was deployed on it. Lesson learnt. Move on.
- Excited that my tests are passing with minimum fuss.
- Glad I can see the end of the current challenge – shipping the MVP.
- I’m grateful for the huge amount of support from unexpected sources.
The app is working.
People can sign up, get email , request chats, have the chats.
That is the core of the app. It’s done.
So why is it so hard to get it out of the door!
I will open it to limited folks – those who already know what it does.
The main goal today is to ship it. Put it live, get my early adopters on it and start to learn how they want to use it. There are some niggling bits (like the explainer video) – which are not core to the experience, but I will work separately and seek feedback from a difference cohort of users (those who need to understand the problem first). I suspect I am doing this in the less valuable order, but it will all be done – in a relatively short period of time (hours not days) – so I figure ‘what the hey!’
For now I need to get this out there.
One thought on “May 13 – Shipping is HARD!”
Well done. Congrats! And Hugs…